CARES

Financial constraints as the result of COVID – 19 pandemics have hit incomes of mass. Parents are struggling to bear the educational expenses. Paying fees has become next to impossible for the parents, mainly due to losses of jobs and businesses. In this hour of crisis, Shaheen Group has framed a policy to provide 60% of school fee scholarship to economically weaker and covid affected sections. Shaheen will provide a 60% Scholarship for each student, provided the support of Institutions like NGOs, Trusts, Masjid, Mandir, Church, and other charity organizations which are expected to share the remaining 40%. Philanthropic Organisations are encouraged to reach out to the masses to collect the fund and help the meritorious students of their locality.

Students should approach the philanthropic organization of their Locality or nearby Masjid/Mandir/Church and Local Charitable Organisations/Masjids are requested to assist them. Each Organisation/Masjid can select 1 student of their Locality and refer them to Shaheen Group of Institutions. Masjid and Local Organisations are requested to promote the concept and spread the message. In Islam Masjid serves as a center for spiritual as well as welfare activities.

During the time of Prophet Muhammad (SA) Masjids were also the centres of administration. Prophet Muhammad (SA) established an educational set up in Masjid Al Nabawi known as Al-Suffa. Accommodation and food were provided to the residential students at Al-Suffa. And these arrangements were made through community funding. This led to the educational development of Muslims and within a span of 100 years, Arabs earned a reputation in the knowledge society.

During this COVID – 19 crisis, Muslims across India have stood in solidarity with the poor & deprived class population by rendering exceptional services. Muslim NGOs have set up charities to distribute grocery kits, food, medicines and also Doctor Counselling, etc. Masjids served as Awareness centres making announcements on COVID – 19 and Vaccine registration. In many cities, Mosques were converted into COVID care Centres and opened their door to COVID patients.

“When a person dies, all their deeds end except three, a continuing charity, beneficial knowledge and children who prays for them” – Hadith
Helping an educational institution or helping a student to gain beneficial knowledge will be a source of continuous reward ( Sawab e Jariya ) even after death.

CARES for ALL ( Irrespective of Religious affiliation)

Temples, Churches, Masjids, and other religious organizations are encouraged to collect 40% of the Tuition Fee and select one or any number of student (economically deprived) of their Locality. Religious institutions and places of worship have played a vital role in the past. Ashrams, Vihar, and Maths were the institutions helping students with finance and by imparting free education. The convents are primarily educational institutions attached to churches.

In the British era when the British government stopped funding to the institutions imparting Sanskrit and Arabic. Communities started funding them. Now once again situation demands the participation of communities. Places of worship should create a fund for the education of needy students. Students or parents or the schools can approach them. Because most of the financially sound parents have listed their source of income and facing a financial crunch, they may come out of this situation but till then the community should support them.

We believe that the CARES model of educational sponsorship will boost up the socio-economic status of society. Community participation is a widely accepted theory across the education sector. UNICEF 1992 document states that “Communities can play a variety of roles in the development of Education and Learning Processes”. One year into the COVID-19 pandemic, students and management of schools are affected by the full closure of educational institutions. At this juncture, community participation is considered necessary for the progress of society and its educational institutions.